On 11 January, representatives of the National Parliamentary Library of Georgia donated 200 books to the settlement of IDPs in Akhalsopeli. The event was held within the framework of the project „Assistance for IDPs; Civic Education and Inclusion”.
On 25 December, Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the National Parliamentary Library of Georgia and the Barcelona Library. Georgian Book Corner will be opened in Barcelona at the beginning of 2014 .
From now on, following English databases are available to the National Library Users and employees via the National Library Anglo-American Reading Hall: Encyclopedia of American Studies, the Early Republic (until 30 January), the JH Guide to Literary Theory &Criticism (until 30 January).
According to the results of ongoing digitalization at the National Library, 8692 newspapers, 73 labels, 2475 magazines, 4 radio-archives, 12442 photos, 1548 books, manuscripts, 102 graphics have been digitalized.
The National Library acquired digital archives of leading newspapers of the Soviet Union, “Pravda” and “Izvestiia”. From now on, the library users will have the opportunity to search for the articles, decrees and other materials published in the newspapers from the beginning to 2012.
On 9 December, David Usupashvili, Chairman of the Parliament of Georgia, and Giorgi Kekelidze, General Director of the National Parliamentary Library of Georgia, opened Zurab Zhvania Cabinet at the National Parliamentary Library of Georgia. The opening ceremony was attended by Nino Kadagidze-Zhvania, Zurab Zhvania’s wife.